Thursday, March 15, 2012

Race Morning

Here's a quirky little poem I essentially wrote in my head while riding my bike the other day. Enjoy!

Wake up at 5, look at the clock.
Why am I up this early? I forgot.
That's right, I've got a race to do;
gotta find my body glide and my GU
Eat a bagel, drink some Gatorade
Feeling nervous and hoping I won't be late
Set up transition, hang up my bike
strap on my timing chip good and tight
Warm up? Maybe not.
The water's much colder than I had thought.
Gun goes off, leave it all behind,
keep an open heart and a positive mind
Swim-try to breathe, not heave
Bike- hammer, don't stammer
Run- always a fight; did I leave my legs on my bike?
See the finish, hear the crowd,
cross the finish line smiling and proud.
Now time to eat and pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment